Holiday Home Tour 2017



Ahhhhh, Christmas. The bright lights.. the big tree.. the wrapped presents... the fights debates over politics and immigration during Christmas dinner..Yes, no other holiday can compare! Christmas is by far, my favorite holiday. Ironically enough, not because of the presents (really hope somebody bought me these purple Pradas though), but because of the special and hilarious time spent with my family and friends- eating, drinking, cheating at Tombola, and just generally having a good time with my favorite people. There is no better feeling than winning everybody's money at Tombola, while stuffing a piece of Panettone in my mouth but, I'm getting off topic here. Back to the tour- this is the second stop on Saher's from HouseHausHome, Holiday Home Tour -5 Styles of Christmas! WOOOOO! There will be a different blogger featured each day this week- so make sure you check back daily! For this year, I didn't have a specific style in mind for my decor exactly- I just knew I wanted fun and bright and not your traditional, cookie cutter Christmas. I just let it come about naturally. Its whimsy, its Chinoiserie, its bright, its modern and graphic and all up in your face. I'm not really sure what to call this style per se, except authentically myself. Its very "Me". I like the fact that you cant really define it, and its outside of the box, something I strive for very much. However, somebody did tell me it reminded them of TOTAL ICON Lisa Frank. As a child, my love for Lisa Frank knew no bounds, so I will take that as compliment, thank you! Unfortunately, none of my items actually are Lisa Frank- all my decor items and ornaments are either from Target, Michaels, Home goods, Macys, Century21, vintage or already owned.

                          In our kitchen, I focused most of the decorations to the breakfast nook.


 I added ornaments to my plant Yolanda, to make her nice and festive, and added an acacia bowl full of ornaments and pine cones on the table. I also FINALLY reworked my gallery wall in here. It still needs work and some pieces need to be switched out, but at least my favorite painting, the abstract nude by the window, whom I named "Bitch Please" (she totally has that look on her face) is finally hung and being enjoyed. 







I hung some pretty ribbon and vintage glass ornaments (in Pantone 2018- I Called it back in May!) to this fancy, shmancy, french chandelier I thrifted long ago for $10.


My Nefertiti bust also got a pretty pink decorative bow. 


If I had more plants (or if I didn't kill most of them) I'd add ornaments to them all!


I added bowls full of bright ornaments, and these pretty in pink bottle brush trees to the etagere for a fun, festive touch



I love how you can see the tree straight on from the breakfast room looking into the dining/living


I Freaking love this tree!!!!!


Across from the Breakfast nook, by the first entry and other entrance to the kitchen (there are 2- the one above and this one), I styled this vintage brass console with some keepsake treasures, garland (which is already dry af), more ornaments, and more lights. I also added an ornament wreath to my favorite vintage 80s, silk, upholstered, mirror. The white sculptural flower things were a find from the Chelsea Flea market so I have no idea what they actually are BUT, they are white poinsettias now! Fairy lights give everything that touch of whimsy I love.


How amazing is that acacia wood nativity set I thrifted? 
  The pottery jar is from a local artist I found at the Elephant Trunks Flea market this past summer.



I know shells are  not common as Christmas decor but my little sister and I picked these up at my moms house in West Palm Beach last winter. We usually go for a few days every February, so I like adding the new ones we pick to the bowl.


The living room/dining room is packed. Also, if you haven't yet found the fireplace option on Netflix, DO IT!!


I added our stockings to the Dorothy Draper dressers under my vintage Chinese dragons that I thrifted in West Palm Beach.


I added garland and fairy lights on each doorway, not sure how long it will last because these things are drier than the Sahara right now and its only been a few days.



An ornament wreath and a trio of fun Fornasetti plates for a dose of whimsy! 


The bar area is ready for guests






This fun needlepoint pillow from Furbish Studio has my absolute favorite Christmas line EVER!!!


And finally, the piece de resistance, the tree! Its not real, its not huge, and its not expensive. But it is..BOMB. I looooooove it! All my dreams in a tree! 


                               I love the mix of ornaments I chose for a fun, collected vibe!






I filled an abalone shell with more ornaments and tied some ribbon around crystal obelisks to jazz them up






And this wrapping paper!! Its amazing! The only wrapping paper I will be using for the rest of my ENTIRE life!!! It is the "Flynn" from Smock Paper. Basically, get you some! In the words of Rachel Zoe.....



Overall, I'm very happy with how everything came out. I did have this amazing tablescape in mind with these emerald charger plates, and more stuff that didn't come in time and as of today are somewhere in Timbuktu, but I digress.

Thanks to Saher of HouseHausHome for hosting the tour and thank you all for reading!





-Xo
Nan










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts