New Year, Same Me, MAD Plans


Hellooooooo everyone!!! Its been awhile (insert lame excuse for blog radio silence here), but here I am! Hope you've all had a wonderful Holiday season and are now ready to conquer the world in 2017!!! Or just make it out of bed, lets keep it real. Anywho, get ready for the longest blog post you've probably ever read. I mean, new year, new goals, amirite? I love the promise of a new year. It fills me with hope and determination to get shit done. And boy do I have lots of  goals for 2017. But first, lets celebrate some good moments from last year. If you follow my Instagram @CasaCavaliere, then you've already seen the unicorn pieces and all the other goodies that came to live with us (All craigslist), but if not, here's a recap;



Wing back chairs in Kelly Wreastler Agate (Already moved to the bedroom)

Unicorn Stark Antelope Rug in the Living Room 
Pearlized Lucite Palm Lamps in the Living Room 


Lacquered Grasscloth  Console and Leopard Parsons Stools
Favorite Unicorn Dream find of 2016 - Sascha Brastoff Surf Ballet China

KW Chairs in the Bedroom

Maitland Smith Tessalated Brass and Pink vanity with Lucite Chair
Bamboo Chippendale Set for the Breakfast Nook and new Art

The start of my Fornasetti Collection





Pretty good year, right?



I have big plans for 2017. Big! Huge (my poor husband)! Most of it is really just fine tuning and replacing a few pieces. Some are bigger projects- like my bedroom and guest bedroom. Lets break it down..

The Living room/dining/hallway/entry that I did as part of the One Room Challenge last year has already evolved and will continue to until I find a few more pieces. This is what I want to accomplish in this area:
Lighting- since its a prewar apartment and there is no overhead lighting (because whyyyyy!!!), we need multiple lighting sources. We have one Lucite lamp by the bar, one by the couch, and we have the Serge pendant in the entry that sheds light on most of the room. Id like to add a floor lamp by the dining table, in  the corner, where the Chinese screen is. Im not sure yet exactly what I want, since most of the time I like to decorate by finding pieces I love and making them work, instead of having a set plan. These are a few options I love and am looking at:







All completely different, I know, but I promise any of them would work in my place. I think the rule about decorating to be most conscious of is do whatever you want. If you love something, find a space for it, and make it work.
Rug- I've been debating on moving the antelope rug to my bedroom, since its slightly too big, and Im thinking of layering a zebra hide over a jute rug in its place, like this 





This solely depends on me finding a Nichols chinese deco rug for my bedroom, as such:







Im keeping my eyes peeled for one with a multitude of colors that I can pull from. So far, Ive seen some on craigslist but that haven't been perfect. Ive got this modern chinoiserie thing going on in there right now and this rug would help me blend it all together, trust me.
Seating- Basic bitch bench has moved from behind the couch to the spot where the Kelly chairs were. The scale is good and its also really comfortable, my husband naps on it often, but its not what I want. This is probably the biggest challenge because the dining table and chairs are right behind it, and I like the bench because visually it doesn't take up so much space and leaves the room open. Id really like a waterfall bench like this, in a small scale nubby fabric or something bright


OR maybe a daybed?

Orrrrr, maybe a pair of these James Mont style chairs? Again, options galore.



Im definitely bringing in some Designers Guild orangerie once Spring rolls around. Its one of my favorite fabrics and I've been dying to use it on something. Behold its greatness:






Does it get any better? Seriously?!! Those are the main things Im going to be working on for that part of the house.

For my bedroom Im still debating and contemplating. I desperately need to pick a paint color. Most of the existing pieces are staying. The burl wood dresser flanked by the Kelly Wingbacks, are staying. My vanity, my big pagoda mirror and my mirrored nightstands are staying. My bed i'm willing to change, and the juju hat above, may go somewhere else. What I would like is a nice etagere for all my purses and favorite shoes, and a nice long dresser to fit all my shit. Somewhere along these lines








The etageres are going to be the hardest things to find since people scoop em up so fast, so wish me luck!

Is anybody still reading at this point? If you are, here are MORE plans! Honestly, at the start of this post I was feeling pretty good to almost reaching that goal of your house being done but now...Im a little scared..

The kitchen has already gotten the new bamboo Chippendale chairs with the matching table. I LOOOOOOVEEEE this set! Its in great condition, I dont even have to spray them so for now they are staying white. I've already made one roman shade in the palm fabric and can I tell  you, what a HUGE pain in the ass. Never again!
Via: Etsy
My hot pink suzani tablecloth also stays,  but my gallery wall is changing up. I could open up my own gallery with all the art I have in my house, foreal. The only thing Im still looking for is another brass etagere or some type of curio cabinet. I have some really pretty everyday dishes and mugs I keep on the bakers rack now, with my juicer, blender, pasta maker etc..but I also need a space for the TV. My husband wants to be able to watch it when hes hanging out there with his friends *Cue eye roll* . I almost got this exact cabinet on Craigs, but then the lady's daughter decided she wanted it. I wanted to be like noooo, she doesnt need it!! I do!! *throw a tantrum* But my husband talked me out of it #AintTooProudToBeg.


The only other room I will be focusing on is my guest bedroom. Right now its where the treadmill lives, and the lamp hoard, and where my cats hang out. My BFFL is coming from Australia in May and is staying with us so I need to hook it up. I have to make it cute and comfortable and spacious enough to put the treadmill back when she leaves. I already have tons of accessories, dresser, lamps, etc.What I need is a daybed. Something fancy- like a Louis, or even something upholstered.





Ill be making some floor plans for this room and promise to post them when Im done. Im also planning a post on thrifting/antiquing in West Palm Beach when I go to my moms next month, so check back for that. Otherwise, if you stuck with me through this whole post then God Bless you!

Its gonna be a good year!!!




Xo-Nan






Comments

  1. Read...your IG and IG stories is,like my favorite new IG follow....I like the David Alder look minus the prices....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts