ONE ROOM CHALLENGE- THE FOLLOW UP

Hey you guyyyyys! I cant believe two weeks have passed since the ORC reveal. Can I just say thankkkkk gooodness its over and I am so happy to have my life back. I've finally caught up on my reading (currently devouring The Bird and The Sword by Amy Harmon), my favorite show (Scandal), and have paid my husband with bomb dinners (I kid) for his hard work. The living room/entry/hallway/whatever the fuck looks so damn good, every time I come home I give myself a little pat on the back. To re-vamp your memory...









I know we have a whole bunch of shit going on - however, I am a bit surprised at myself for not pushing everything to the max. If you remember my inspiration pics they were all different styles, patterns, colors, textures, and most of them were all those things thrown together. I feel this room is a refined version of what I wanted. I know I want to add a bit more pattern and texture in the future, but Im really enjoying this streamlined version right now (and my husband will divorce me if I ask him to do one more thing). Its feels a little more grown up- a little more organized. My only regret is that most of my art collection is not displayed.  I tried tho guys, I really tried...



I made my husband hang everything over the couch, on the side wall, by the ello, by the table- basically everywhere- but I just couldn't find a set up I liked, in any way, like at all- so I decided a few pieces scattered about would be better. Im going to take my time and figure this out because there is no freakin way im putting all my art in a closet. I did order a new couch cover so that will be changing too- that DIY Pierre Frey is still on my mind and since I already have the supplies, I think I'm gonna do it anyway. Also, I'm pretty sure I will be changing the rug under the couch in the next few weeks to something more textured, probably some braided jutey slightly patterned goodness like so..


Throw in some baskets around too, and tassels, I LOVE tassels. 

gold storage seagrass basket blue tassels



And the popular Eliza Gran Ones...



Via
And Im sure you've noticed I have 0 fucking plants- and that's because my cats become white walkers (Re: G.O.T) around plants and all that's left is the planter, I kid you not. So- Im looking at fake, but really pretty,  BANANA tree plants. No- not fiddle, BANANA. This shit is BANANAS, B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Literally- really nice fake banana tree plants are $$$$. Ill consider it an investment and pray the kitties leave it alone. 
                                                                               Via

Basically- Im going to be adding shit and changing shit doing ORC Version 2.0. But for now- 
the room is exactly what I envisioned! It almost matches my mood board with the exception of the peacock chairs. You'll also notice that instead of using my Moroccan blanket under the dining table, I used it in the entry. We´re a no shoes house so it works and my cats love it. I cant really put my finger on a favorite piece or part since all of it is my favorite. Im especially fond of the quirky things though. The quote pillows from furbish, the Psychic Advisor neon sign (which will be getting pink neon reaaaaaaal soon)- hanging over the TV, the field of barren fucks cross stitch hoop on my bookshelf..the list goes on. I like how its a mature space, but still colorful and playful. Even the Ello cabinet has me pretty fucking excited. I was trying so hard to fill it with cool and collected things when I realized I have a cool and collected selection of bar ware and bowls. Each set has their own shelf and the mirrors reflect all that light across the room. Lurveeee it!! One Room Challenge Version 1.0 is A SUCCESS! 


Xx-Nan


Comments

  1. An episode of ORC Favorites, 'Where Are They Now?' Yay! Holy crap, until you mentioned it, PLANTS! Yes! Your art collection best find its way to a wall near you as well. It's too fantastic to be in a closet. So happy you're finally able to relax and enjoy your home- that's the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! I wholeheartedly agree! The plants and the art update should help take it to the next level! will write a blog post when that's done♥️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts