ONE ROOM CHALLENGE aka THE 4 in 1 ROOM CHALLENGE NYC STYLE - WEEK 1


That's right! Its that time of year again - time for the One Room Challenge! If you don't know what the one room challenge is, here's a quick breakdown. Fantabulous blogger Linda (Hey girl!) @ Calling it Home came up with the concept of challenging designers to transform a room in their home, or a clients, or whoever, over a course of 6 weeks, keeping the masses enthralled with weekly blog posts. I personally like to call it the "I need a kick in the ass to finish this room challenge", or the "How will I hide all the money I spent from my husband" challenge or, my absolute favorite "How to kill my wife since she bought a vintage dining table that we cant even eat on, and not get caught" challenge, but....I digress. I'll be taking part in the linking event portion of the challenge, as a guest participant with the rest of the masses, linking up to my blog posts for next 6 Thursdays. I'm excited, nervous and cant wait to finish this room already!


So, lets get down to the nitty gritty- I'll finally be completing my living room/dining room/entry way/hallway space. Yes, that's right, 4 spaces all in the span of one room. It doesn't get more NYC than this people, at least I have the space, somewhat. Since most of the furniture are pieces left over and better suited to our old apartment, the space now is cool, with some new things but mostly, its just functional (sorta). There's things I love about it (hello windows and light, gallery hallway) and things I really fucking hate - that´s you, TV wall. I love my TV, I love my books, I HATE the storage situation of it. Here are some before (current) pics of the space. Don´t judge me too harshly- I've been cleaning/throwing shit out and leaving shit everywhere *internal cringe*

Hallway coming to Entry
Ello Cabinet in entry nook next to hallway

Entry and beyond (oh hey nala!)

Tv & Bookcase wall
Living Room/ Entry console

Dining Wall console

Living area
The big window and dining area (my new table and chairs are in, for the purpose of the challenge, I did not photo)



















As you can see, theres ALOT going on. And I know that´s not everyone's cup of tea,  but I like busy, I like maximalism, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

And here's what I'm thinking- Pale pink walls, chinoiserie blue and white curtains, skirted table bar, abstract art, milo, milo and more MILO. Regency, draper, lucite, brass (I know I'm sounding like the best craigslist ad), texture, boho, mirrored, modern, navy velvet, and my favorite- Quirk. Basically, we can call it eclectic right? Right.

Here's some inspo:




                                   
                                                                          Via




























Damnnnn Daniel!! Those were so damn good. Like I said, a little bit of everything. I doubt my room is going to look as good as these but, the hope is that it looks exactly as I want. Here´s what I'm thinking:

The 4 in 1 Room Challenge


I've already started gathering furniture, textiles, and accessories. Plans are being made for painting, craigslist hook ups (no pun intended) are being scheduled, and the hubb is with it so far and Im hoping he stays with it. Check back next week as I unload all these goodies- Burl table, Brass milo chairs and the amazing chinoiserie curtains I scored!

And dont forget to check out what everyone ele has planned!




Xx- Nancy


















Comments

  1. yay! let the fun -and not so fun(painting)-begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Wait till alex realizes all I have to do! ahhahahaha

      Delete
  2. LOVE where your header & I want your coffee table! I'll be following you along the way while I also complete my ORC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you hollie! I already follow your blog so Im excited to see what youll do! That coffee table was bought from a diamong dealer in brooklyn off of craigslist. Actually, most of those pieces are CL! Also- Im going to attempt a diy pierre frey leo pattern on the couch covers since its ikea. If i ruin it i can buy a new one! You were def. inspo for that!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤️❤️💕💕 this is how excited I am to see all your inspiration pics. Definitely following your transformation. Best of luck Rajni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Rajni!! I'm so excited to see what u do this time around as well! I still remember that beautiful photography you chose last time and those brass chairs and errrrrrhang!!♥️♥️♥️

      Delete
  5. This is definitely going to be a fun guest link up to watch unfold! Your apartment looks amazing and your inspiration pictures were beyond- I can't believe how many of them I was seeing for the first time. Picking a paint color is insanity, good luck with that. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much cheryl! I really appreciate that, your so sweet! I finally found a paint color thank god so now were on the right track!

      Delete
  6. How did you find so many amazing pieces on Craigslist?! Well done! I love every single element of your plan, looking forward to following along as we work our way through the ORC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lesley! Thank you so much! Im also following your progress! Im pretty much a pro at CL now and I also have dealer/design friends who help me out when they see something I like! Check back tomorrow as I share that story!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are my kind of gal...Maximalist all the way. love your inspiration pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts