ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 3- SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Helloooooo friends! I hope everyone is doing better than me this week...and by that I mean A) your house doesn't look like a crime scene minus the blood,  B) you are actually eating real food instead of ramen noodle soup since you decided to spend all your money on fabric? furniture? fancy light bulbs?  and C) you are still happily married instead of grudgingly accepting of the neurotic and crazy mess that is your wife...but I digress. Catch up on week 1 and week 2 here. We are finally at the halfway point in this challenge and I am officially losing my shit. I made the crucial mistake of doing too much at once. I decided to paint, move furniture, install my curtains, screen, tables etc..etc.. while I still had the old furniture in the room, and  I didn't even pack up any of my accessories. The smart and efficient thing to do would have been to empty everything out and then (NO AND THEN!!!- re: dude wheres my car), gradually and slowly move things into place. But sometimes I forget that I have a slight form of OCD + Claustrophobia + Italian Temper = Losing my shit. Oh, and I decided to do spring cleaning while I was at it too..reeeeeeally bad idea. But- let me stop the pity party and get to the good shit that happened this week:

BEHOLD THE MOST AMAZING PINK WALLS EVAAAAAAAAAAAA

gif hip hop stuff Outkast andre 3000 ms jackson gifsbby


 FOREVER EVER!!!!!

Hallway/Entry
Hallway

LR/DR
This is actually the last sample I picked at home depot last week on a complete whim. Its called Sea Salt by Behr and im SO glad I didn't waste $400 on Farrow and Ball paint, when this is exactly the color I wanted and only cost me about $140 for 4 gallons. We still have to paint the trim and all the doors with a fresh coat of renters beige, which we color matched at home depot because our super supposedly didn't have any (lies!) . I absolutely love how it came out! As you can see, it looks different in every light. I kinda wanna paint the whole apartment this color but maybe after my husband forgets this challenge fiasco (love u Alex)


As I mentioned last week, I already received my Serge Mouille inspired light fixture from Overstock. The mirrored Ello cabinet was a craigslist find a couple of months ago that I kept second guessing until right now. Again, LOOOOVEEE this mix- the 70s smoke mirrored and brass ello, the light pink walls, that modern fancy french fixture that my cat was petrified of (she has since made peace), basically, in the words of Rachel Zoe.."I die". 

We threw out our old TV stand and moved the draper chests from my bedroom to the living room. I had to let go of and donate almost all my books (goodbye twilight, mortal instruments, harlequin romances Ive had since I was 12, the best french swear words book..), since every time I tried to read one, I kept tapping the page and waiting for it to turn, I mean wow,..#firstworldproblems y'all, kindle has ruined me fo' life.



There are a few issues- personally, the chest and TV are too high for me, but my husband prefers it since hes the one who mostly uses this TV for his gaming and movies. The gaming systems barely fit on there since the chests are so small (but awesome) so I'm still trying to figure that out. Its also really, really dark. I love all black errthang just not here. My plan is to take the back of the bookcases out (hopefully) and have hubb anchor them to the wall so they are steady. Ill be working on styling them this week. I'm not really following any specific rules in regards to bookcase styling. I believe you should do what ever the fuck you want, and thats in regards to everything. My first instinct is organized chaos, and books, books, books, books rocking everywhere- but now only a select few will live there. Ive got some art, some tchotchkes , favorite magazines and some other goodies ready to go.

Across from the ello is the couch, which I still haven't done the Pierre Frey DIY on.

Hand painted chinoiserie cabinet

Looking for options
Over here, Ive played around with some lamp options that I'm currently trying out, a few of my favorite pillows, and my favorite paintings. All of them are from my Laura Schiavina (RIP My friend) art collection that you can read about on Brynne's blog here. I'm trying to decide, do I want one big piece to be the focus maybe flanked by sconces? Or do I want a mixture of art? A gallery wall? Or just bare pink walls? I leaned some of my art on the couch so I could envision it and I still have no clue what Ill do :)







I'm still waiting on some fun hmong pillows that I'm adding to the mix and may also...buy a new lamp! The big white floral italian one is just that- too big, the pineapple lamp- im so over pineapples in general, the marble I have to get rewired, the rope wrapped one is too small and thennnnnn, the round, green-blue glass one I kind of like. I still have to move my zebra rug to the living area (meaning begging my husband to move it), and figure out if I'm putting anything behind the couch where the bamboo dresser was, in the entry area. I do have a BBB (basic bitch bench) that I can re upholster in some palms fabric I have left over. That way, I have some place to sit or put down my bag and shit when I come home. Still looking for an acrylic console or tray table to put in the hallway for mail drop off, but I haven't found any and I'm not willing to pay for basic CB2...even though I may have to.



I meant to put my huge ass pagoda mirror on top of the console here but, being that its a huge ass pagoda mirror, of course its too big. I really have to start measuring shit.  I still have to add ribbon and fix the back of the table skirt while I'm trying out different mirrors. This vintage bamboo mirror is my first choice since the size works, and its bamboo (duh).



This Chippendale regency type mirror is another contender if I flank it with sconces and spray paint it either gold or white, or something totally unexpected like chartreuse (never too much). Ive been obsessed with that color lately and definitely want to incorporate it somewhere (let me just dye my hair then).  But helloooo, did I seriously just skip over the most amazing chinoiserie curtains and how they look against this baby blush wall!?!?! 


On my current rod they are actually 1 inch too short so that's another thing I have to fix, but still wooooot wooot they are fannnnncy schmancyyyyy!




On the opposite wall from the console, we have that craigslist screen I scored for $75 (how you doin' ladies). I love how the blush shades in the mother of pearl pick up the blush paint on the walls. I'm winning y'all, charlie sheen.





I do have it centered behind the table but for picture purposes, I moved it closer to the curtains and corner. The burl, the screen, the chairs, the curtains, the wall color- don't they all look amazing together? Its like a slice of your favorite cake (pass the tiramisu).

In all, for it being the half way point, were looking pretty good. I still have a few things to order and some things to receive (cat portrait in transit). I'm going to use any spare time I have this week to work on the entry and hallway spaces. I also have to figure out what to do with the rest of my art collection, and work on the ello being a cabinet of curiosities, instead of being filled with china and crystal. Fingers crossed I dont break anything!!

Leave me a comment and let me know which lamp you would choose, what art, and anything else you may wanna say and dont forget to tune in next week for your weekly dose of crazy!

-Xx Nan

And dont forget to see what the other guest participants are up to!!








Comments

  1. fantastic progress! I like the glass lamp too :). I also like the single large painting over the sofa right now. If you Pierre Frey your sofa, it might now work, but it could! Those curtains are hot girl! It's going to look gorge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! I'm def rethinking the Pierre - just because I'm lazy and it might actually be too much. Let's see where I'm at by next week! It will probably be one of the last things If i do it! I'm in love with the curtains glad u agree!! Fingers crossed it does look gorge!!

      Delete
  2. So, so very pretty!! I usually would never add my .02, buuut, that artwork is spectacular, the pillows are gorgeous and fun...do you really want to change the sofa? You've got the abstract element with the artwork. Maybe a tartan throw, or a fur throw would be that layer you're after? You could always get a couple of the white linen pillow covers (do they still have them??) at IKEA, give them the Pierre Frey treatment and decide if you want to go all in. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like idea of a fur throw for some texture! And that's a damn good idea about the pillow covers!! I think I may try that!! Thank you for putting your 2 cents def appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Hi Nan-
    This is so much fun to follow your progress! You are well on your way and everything is lovel
    I hope you will share this today at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.
    Just stop by my blog to join in.
    Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy balls. I love all the things! The pink paint, those amazing curtains, the bad bitches pillow...amazing. Excited to check back next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much molly!! Yes next week should be interesting and it's totally intimidating! Lol!

      Delete
  5. I like the chippendale mirror and the pink is smokin' gorgeous, especially with all that blue you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That you!! Im still debating on the mirror!~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts