ONE WEEK CHALLENGE WEEK 4 - TO GALLERY WALL OR NOT TO GALLERY WALL

Hey you guyyyyyyys (re: the goonies)!!! Its week 4 of the one room challenge and things are getting crazy. And by that I don't mean shave my hair off a la Britney crazy, I mean beat somebody's car with an umbrella Britney crazy. I didn't really get much done this week since it was my husbands birthday and I was hella tired (I.e..drunk) and was sick (hungover) for a few days. And, I still haven't made decisions on everything. For instance, my beloved gallery hallway..

Before Pics



Most of my art collection was hung in the hallway on both walls, which I appropriately termed "The Gallery". I loved walking into my apartment and being surrounded by all all the art as soon as I walked in. Its great, and many people though so too BUT, huge BUT, I never realized how dark the paintings made the hallway. The art is all moody and abstract and I freaking love it but wow, I am really loving the hallway bare with just its pink walls. It feels bigger, and lighter and just better.



Besides the art, I still need to purchase a piece, preferably narrow and acrylic, for mail and key drop off, to replace the burl wood piece that was there before. So far I'm looking at these options:

CB2 Tray Table

CB2 Acrylic Console



West Elm Butler Tray

CB2 Rolling Cart

Which one do you guys like? I'm leaning towards the first option and the last option- because I like their measurements (take this with a grain of salt) better... but am still undecided. Ill probably drop by CB2 Soho next week and pick one.

Back to the art- If I use one big piece of art from my collection on the couch like so...


Then all my other art will have to be spread around, and the question is, WHERE? Since I'm using the bamboo mirror (I may try to fit my pagoda, fingers crossed) on the skirted console to reflect light from the Chinese screen that is right across....




The only other wall is the TV wall- which is obviously occupied by our humongous ass TV. So basically- the only option I have is either the gallery hallway, or gallery above the couch- which do you guys prefer? Pick one, as I am running on fumes (and by that I mean wine, wine and more wine) these days..

I did go ahead and take out the backs of the bookcases to make them lighter. All that dark wood was making me feel closed in. I like how it looks much lighter..and somewhat custom? Almost? Not really? Maybe? I really like it so far and I'm sure it will look even better when its styled.


Hubby and Co. also got the ceiling medallion on for the Serge replica which was too small for the ceiling hole. Again, I measured (guesstimated) the size of the medallion by sight and got one that was totally too small (duhhhh). I didn't want it to detract from the lighting or the ello cabinet, but now I'm totally kicking myself in the ass because my husband refuses to change it (begging obviously did not work this time), so I really wish  I had properly measured for once in my life!  






Besides all this shit I have to figure out- I also have to add trim to the skirted console, since I ordered 4 options, and didn't like any of them. I went ahead and ordered some neon pink trim, because Im crazy



 Anddddd thennnnn, I still have to (will grudgingly attempt) to reupholster this basic bitch bench my husband bought me (wtf?!)

In this fabric (or diy brushstroke that shit directly)



to go behind the couch in the entry, where the bamboo dresser used to be 



I'm so excited to try my first real upholstery project!!!...said nobody ever..or maybe that's just me..probably..

Anyway- here's my list of tasks to accomplish this week:
  1. Add ribbon and finish skirted console
  2. Hang mirror and choose lamp for said console
  3. Upholster bench in palms fabric or die trying (j/k...maybe)
  4. Change out drapery rod
  5. Paint all trim
  6. Clear and style Ello Cabinet
  7. Move rug to the living room
  8. Style bookshelves
  9. Hang all art
  10. DIY Pierre Frey couch (or not)
  11. Buy acrylic piece for hallway
  12. Paint brushstrokes directly on bench if upholstering doesn't work
  13. Some other shit I cant remember
That's all! Ha!! Praying right now that I complete these tasks because If I don't, Ill definitely be shaved head Britney.

Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts on the gallery hall, the backless bookshelves, the copious amount of wine Ive drunk....whatever you like!

Xx-Nan

And dont forget to check out what everyone is up to!











Comments

  1. You should add a way for someone to follow you. I would like to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not sure how to do it on blogger but I mostly post on Instagram on my oage @CasaCavaliere <3

      Delete
  2. Somehow, I think with all of your meandering and guestimating this is going to turn out fabulous. Backless bookshelves and gallery with the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Brenda! Its nerve wrecking trying to figure everything out! ?Your vote of confidence means so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts