ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 4- WHITE IS NOT WHITE AND MALACHITE

In the words of the great poet Jay-z...It was all good just a week ago! Well, better than this week because I have about HAD IT with this fucking daybed and these roman shades!! Let me start from the beginning...Last week I mentioned I ordered this daybed cover and skirt from Pottery Barn which finally arrived this week:

I was super excited because I could finally take out the new mattresses and dress this daybed properly. HOWEVER, when I took out the packages, I saw THIS


WTF?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Do you see the problem? At first I thought maybe they had sent me the wrong one- since I ordered white in both, but NOOOOO. THIS IS THE WHITE ONE! 


Im so mad and annoyed. I had horrible flashbacks of wedding dress shopping with my mom- and of the fight over the super white blingy wedding dress I chose vs. the soft ivory European lace one my mom wanted me to get. I cringe just thinking about it. Anyway, I double and triple checked the package just to make sure it was right since I wear glasses and don't have the best eye sight, and it is. Needless to say that shit is not white and I will be returning it. I went ahead and ordered this set of sheets from of all places H & M home. It was cheaper, linen/canvas/cotton mix which I prefer, and the perfect size. 



If these don't work for some reason, I will  A) cut a bitch and B) just use a duvet cover and call it a day. While I was on the site I also bought 2 of these canvas/cotton black pillows. For weeks I've toyed with doing the KW Graffito pattern on the walls, or the shades, or a rug etc. Well, I also ordered a sharpie oil based white paint marker- which I will use to draw that pattern on this pillow. Will it look good? I don't know- but I did a free form on paper and it actually looked pretty fucking great.

So this:
Will hopefully resemble this:




To go on the daybed behind these:



 Are you feeling what the rock is cooking? YES, yes I am. Im loving this combo so I really hope that DIY works out well.

For my next headache- of course, the roman shades. HOLY #"(^&($)@)!!! I could not catch a break this week! For the shades, as I mentioned last week- I decided to use a set of malachite sheets that I already had, and use them as fabric. I had lots of people ask me where to purchase- I bought them on HSN but they are not available anymore, sorry guys! I followed this tutorial by Jen @ With Heart as I did with the roman shades in my kitchen. Anyway- I measured each window 3 times, and even measured and cut my shade perfectly to size (which is a big deal since I am measurement handicap). I mean, perfect! Exact fit! If you follow my IG and watch my stories (if you dont you should here) then you already saw the whole debacle. I somehow measured one window  incorrectly and was off by 1 inch. So my shade was 1 inch too big. It did not fit in the window and I almost fucking threw it out the window, but my husband held me back. I had the genius idea (thank god) to use a mitre saw to take 1 inch off the top and bottom of the shade, and then fold one inch of the fabric in using hem tape. Which is exactly what I did. 


I hate ironing but it really is ESSENTIAL for this project 



TA-DA!! 


Winner, Winner, chicken fucking dinner!!! I have to hang the other shade today but I am very happy with this project. I just did the folds quickly and snapped a pic but I will straighten them out properly after I hang the other one. It works just like a regular roman shade and looks really pretty down too. Overall, worth the headache. Maybe...Probably. 

This weekend I have no parties, no birthdays and no plans- so my plan is to buckle down and get shit in order. We have to dismantle the treadmill so we can fit it through the doorway to take it out of the room, and then I can start moving stuff in. First thing to be installed will be the rug. Its still in the packaging so I'm eager to get that sucker down and figure out the bed placement. I really rather the bed stay where it is, but Id also like a chair somewhere and if the bed stays as is- the chair wont fit anywhere. We will have leopard stools under the desk/vanity so maybe the chair will be eliminated. I also have to go get this mirror from storage in the basement and wax it gold to hang on top of the vanity - unless I find a better option from Craig's but its not looking good. I'm thinking big, round, lacquered or some kind of stone material. But big, round and lacquered is what I really want. Think of that huge, shiny, 80's mirror that hung in your aunt Sylvia's living room. Yesssss, Im trying to manifest it.


Also - still need to finalize a lamp. I think the marble lamp I had originally set aside for this room will maybe move to the living room, and instead I'll take one of these vintage pearlized Lucite palm frond lamps for this room.



Aren't they AMAZING?! They are one of my most prized possessions (I have like 7943438737) and I especially love how they look on at night. Such a statement piece! I think I will put it on top of the little burl dresser, so that the other side of the dresser top can be used as a makeshift bar area. My BFF loves her whiskey (and wine, wine, more wine) and I've got some pretty vintage glasses and decanters so that she can make herself a nice drink before bed. I've been saving tons of pretties too but more on that later.

By next week I hope to:
- not be an idiot
-Install Rug
-Finalize all furniture placement
-Wax and hang mirror
-Move in lamp
-New mattresses and sheets on bed
-Art & Accessories

Wish me all the luckkkk yall! 

-Nan

Also, don't forget to check out everybody else's progress!




Comments

  1. I am in love with your bedding! And those palm frond lamps are definitely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie! Im pretty in love with them! myself!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts